Life by Chocolate

Chocolate, white, milk, dark, in all its forms forms life. Chocolate truffles, caramels, and other confections are at the core of enjoyment. This is life by chocolate because death by chocolate is the wrong attitude.

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Jamaican Barbecue Sauce



I've changed this over the year. I started out with a fairly spicy BBQ sauce and now have wound up with a much sweeter version that I and all my guests like better. The Jamaican Chicken we find to be spicy enough. I will make as optional the parts of the recipe I no longer use.

First the ingredients:

1 1/4 cups ketchup
1/3 cup soy sauce
2T Jamaican hot pepper sauce (optional)
2T marinade from Jamaican Chicken Recipe (optional)
6 scallions (if they are small, 4 otherwise) minced
3 cloves of garlic minced
3 tablespoons fresh ginger or 3t powder
1/3 cup medium brown sugar
1/3 cup white distilled vinegar
3T rum

Combine all of the ingredients. Here again I use a Cuisinart to do that. Then I simmer but try not to boil about 10-15 minutes or until the sauce thickens and is yummer.

Use on the chicken after it has cooled unless you like hot BBQ sauce.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home