Life by Chocolate

Chocolate, white, milk, dark, in all its forms forms life. Chocolate truffles, caramels, and other confections are at the core of enjoyment. This is life by chocolate because death by chocolate is the wrong attitude.

Monday, January 14, 2008

National Philadelphia Candy and Chocolate Show


Which is held in Atlantic City at the Convention Center. Go figure. There are two of these. One in September and one in January. It was very worthwhile for me and I think for Kim. Not only did I get to meet and meet with a bunch of people, but we had some very interesting adventures.


First we stayed at the Borgata. Very nice. Here's Kim's nook in our nice large hotel room. What a treat. She loves a great reading or knitting nook. This one had a fainting couch. Kind of. Two piece chair with ottoman.


We ate at the Metropolitan Cafe, which reminded us of Austria.


The lobby.

Kim did a small amount of gambling. I lost $5 and she won $6.75. We we came out ahead.


Isn't she just beautiful. BTW, all of these photos were taken with a disposable, not digital, however and Kodack put them on a disc for free. I made reservations at Wolfgang Puck's American Grill, figuring it would be a low end, OK, place to eat and lo and behold, Aram from Spago Palo Alto, you know, a good working man's lunch, was the chef at Wolfy's place. Aram took over from Michael French. They closed Palo Alto. So, Alec is now working for the corporation and Luke, our poor, lost Luke is at the Sundance Steak House. Sigh. Next time we're in CA, we'll have to go and see him.


Kim and I thought that the food had never been better. Attaboy! The steak Tartare was heavenly. Here we are. He came out twice to talk to us. We went back the next day just for the steak Tartare before going to Ol' Homestead. Still the best steak Tartare I have ever eaten. Well done!


The ceiling of the American Grill. Those are fall leaves. Very cool.

We also ate at the Ol' Homestead Steak House. Nice. We had leftovers which we left in the room by accident. Dang'er. Of course, one of the reasons I went to the show was to check out Hilliard but also to talk to ChocoVision about getting my machine back. Things are heating up for me and I need it. So I took pictures of Ian and the guys.



Wait, this isn't Ian, this is Joe, a chocolatier and consultant for ChocoVision. Great guy. Very helpful.


No, this isn't Ian either. Hmm, where's Ian. Can anyone find Ian? ;_)



This isn't Ian. Rather, I had a long talk with Elaine Gonzalez. I really want to buy her book. She's a doll. And a great artist. Maybe, one day, she'll teach a class at the Hudson River Valley Art Workshops. (Check out our blog.)


Here are some people we met in the lobby. He's a barber and she worked for a drug company. We had a chat about Documentum. Documentum is mentum plus docu..... Still no Ian.


Are you Ian? "No," says Bree, "I'm not an Ian, I'm a dog." Nope, no Ian. (Will you look at that silly dog? What a funny shot!)


Hmmm. Is Ian up there? Nope. No Ian. Where's Ian?

Well, we have come to the end of our time with you. I hope you enjoyed the Philly Candy Show pictures. Enjoy. Next time, we'll find Ian. I just hope that he sends me a loaner Rev X.

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Mark,

My name is Shannon and I'm the editorial assistant at Foodbuzz.com. Following up on a recent email invitation to be a part of our newly launched Foodbuzz Featured Publisher program, I just want to reiterate that I am very impressed with the quality of your posts. I would love to send you more details about the program, so if you are interested, please email me at Shannon@foodbuzz.com.

It looks like you both had a great trip.

Cheers!

Shannon Eliot
Editorial Assistant, Foodbuzz.com
shannon@foodbuzz.com

January 17, 2008 at 5:06 PM  
Blogger Mark by Chocolate said...

No really... Who is this really? Come on. Gregg? Is that you?

;_)

Well, sure "Shannon" I'd love to participate. What does that entail?

January 17, 2008 at 8:36 PM  
Blogger Mark by Chocolate said...

And will you look at where this innocent conversation led? I wonder if Shannon still works there.

September 17, 2008 at 7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home