Life by Chocolate

Chocolate, white, milk, dark, in all its forms forms life. Chocolate truffles, caramels, and other confections are at the core of enjoyment. This is life by chocolate because death by chocolate is the wrong attitude.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Whoo Hoo! Welcome Alternative Food Coop


This is our first Rhode Island store and it is a treasure. We are very exciting about this great store. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures but I can tell you that it was voted the Best of Rhode Island for natural food by the bin in 2006. And what a great number of bins of excellent product they do have.

Alternative Food Cooperative
357 Main St.
Wakefield, RI 02880
Phone: 401-789-2240

Please support this great store and buy your chocolate, especially your Life by Chocolate there. We are proud to have them as the newest member of our family. The first in the beautiful state of Rhode Island.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Mark. I've checked out your blog a few times (loved the apple picking piece!), but finally just had the time to poke around your company web site as well.
Wow! I was drooling! I'm going to have to convince my hubby to go on a Life By Chocolate expedition one of these weekends (you have a couple of stores within about an hours' drive of us).

Also - and I hope I'm not stepping out of turn here - but I as I read your philosophy about chocolates, it made me think that your products would be a perfect fit for a couple of local stores here in the Pioneer Valley. As you may have been able to tell from my blog (http://pioneervalleyma.blogspot.com), the valley is very much a buy local, eat natural, go green kind of place. The 2 shops that immediately came to mind for me as being good fits for your chocolates were The River Valley Market (a co-op) in Northampton and Cornucopia Foods (a natural foods store), again in Northampton. Either of those places would almost give you a midpoint between the retailers you have in Williamstown & Brookfield. I'm not sure how you deal with distribution (i.e. whether you seek retailers or let them seek you), but I just a thought I'd throw it out there as a tip from one "foodie" to another.
Best of luck & can't wait to try your chocolates some day!!
~Amber (aka ValleyWriter)

October 23, 2008 at 1:43 PM  
Blogger Mark by Chocolate said...

Hello Amber. Indeed we are all over MA. Cambridge, Northern Mass, Western Mass and North Eastern Mass. Not yet on the cape.

Thanks for the ideas. We will send out samples. I will have to look at my records, I may have already visited there. (So, it's Northhampton Mass. I figured you were commuting to LI..)

Indeed, I seek out retailers and indeed, they have sought me out as well. Thanks for the tip and we look forward to seeing you and your husband out here when you get the chance. Check out the Greenville Arms website. After all, we are a resort

You can always order via the web. Or check out one of our stores close to you using our store listing.

Thanks for the comment.

October 23, 2008 at 2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home